2023 - 2024 DD2 Culinary Ambassador Program
Ashley Ridge High School - 2023-2024
Dorchester Two Educational Foundation is proud to partner with Taco Boy restaurants and the Dorchester District Two Career and Technical Education Department to showcase two Ashley Ridge High School students as Culinary Ambassadors for the 2023-24 academic year. These students will have the unique opportunity to work directly with Taco Boy leadership on all aspects of running a successful restaurant. The students will then get to learn from professional leaders from across the globe as they attend the American Culinary Federation National Convention in New Orleans July 16-19, 2023 (all expenses paid – no cost to students). This industry leading convention has professional workshops on a wide range of culinary topics and best practices. The Culinary Ambassadors will then showcase their experiences and knowledge throughout the 2023-24 academic year to promote the field of culinary arts throughout DDTwo and the community.
To qualify for this amazing opportunity, students must:
- Be a rising senior at ARHS for the 2022-23 academic year.
- Complete the attached application and go through a formal interview process for selection.
- Can shadow Taco Boy leadership a minimum of 12 hours during the 2023 summer.
- Can travel to New Orleans for the American Culinary Federation National Convention.
- Act as a Dorchester Two Educational Foundation / Taco Boy Culinary Ambassador for the 2023-24 academic year and speak about their experience at district events (ex: DDTwo Board of Trustees meeting, Summerville Italian Feast, DDTwo culinary students, parent events, community events, Taco Boy events)